Business Philosophy and Ethics
Is persuading unethical?
If you must persuade your audience to take some action, aren’t you being manipulative and unethical? Explain.
Psychological experts in the field of social influence distinguish between ethical persuasion, and unethical manipulation, using buying and selling as an example:
• Ethical Persuasion promotes mutual benefit for both the seller and buyer (or the audience and the speaker). The consumer gets something of value and the company profits from it.
• Unethical Persuasion occurs when the buyer has been deceived into a purchasing a product when:
– The product doesn’t do what it claims to do;
– The purchaser didn’t really want to buy it; or
– The product or service delivered the first step in a promised sequence or path, but cannot or will not deliver on the promise. …
This solution discusses what psychological experts in the field of social influence say about ethical and unethical persuasion in 432 words.
China Sourcing Agent
Sourcing products to sell online