Print by: Iris Garcia
AC114: Accounting I 1601C02 / Lab 114 Unit 3Homework
Maquoketa Services was formed on May 1, 2017. The following transactions took place during the first month.
Transactions on May 1:
1. Jay BradFord invested $39,000 cash in the company, as its sole owner.
2. Hired two employees to work in the warehouse. They will each be paid a salary of $2,500 per month.
3. Signed a 2year rental agreement on a warehouse; paid $21,000 cash in advance for the first year.
Purchased furniture and equipment costing $30,300. A cash payment of $12,000 was made
immediately; the remainder will be paid in 6 months.
5. Paid $2,000 cash for a oneyear insurance policy on the furniture and equipment.
Transactions during the remainder of the month:
6. Purchased basic office supplies for $500 cash.
7. Purchased more office supplies for $1,200 on account.
8. Total revenues earned were $18,300—$7,300 cash and $11,000 on account.
9. Paid $400 to suppliers for accounts payable due.
10. Received $3,300 from customers in payment of accounts receivable.
11. Received utility bills in the amount of $500, to be paid next month.
12. Paid the monthly salaries of the two employees, totaling $5,000.
Prepare journal entries to record each of the events listed. (Credit account titles are automatically
indented when amount is entered. Do not indent manually. If no entry is required, select "No
Entry" for the account titles and enter 0 for the amounts.)
No. Account Titles
Post the journal entries to Taccounts. (Post entries in the order of journal entries presented in the
Salaries and Wages Expense
Prepare a trial balance as of May 31, 2017.
Question Attempts: 0 of 5 used
Copyright © 20002016 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. or related companies. All rights reserved.