ECO524 Managerial Economics Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity: ·…


Question Description:

30

ECO524 Managerial Economics Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity: ·… 1 answer below » ECO524 Managerial Economics Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity: · Textbook: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4 · Minimum of 2 library resources for initial post (e.g. articles from Time , the Wall Street Journal , Forbes , etc.) Introduction The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Financial Reporting Act) of 2002 was passed in response the problems that surfaced with the market failures of 2000-2001, which was partially caused by senior executives in publicly-held firms routinely changing their quarterly and annual financial numbers to suit their whims rather than honestly report the condition of View complete question » ECO524 Managerial Economics Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity: · Textbook: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4 · Minimum of 2 library resources for initial post (e.g. articles from Time , the Wall Street Journal , Forbes , etc.) Introduction The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Financial Reporting Act) of 2002 was passed in response the problems that surfaced with the market failures of 2000-2001, which was partially caused by senior executives in publicly-held firms routinely changing their quarterly and annual financial numbers to suit their whims rather than honestly report the condition of their organization to the public. The Act requires publicly-held companies to file annual financial reports with the signature of the firm’s CEO attesting to its accuracy. The first reporting date was December 31, 2002. Initial Post Instructions In the spring of 2003, two professors from a couple of New York universities were allowed examine the filings of those companies that had complied with the filing requirement. They wanted to know which and how many companies paid the bulk of their end-of-year bonuses to the top five people in the company, and which and how many paid the bulk of the bonuses to all of their employees. The majority paid 99% to the top five employees; only one company paid 1% to the top five employees and the remaining 99% was distributed evenly to the remaining employees down to the lowest level – the custodians. The company was S.C. Johnson of Racine, WI, manufacturers of Pledge, Scrubbing Bubbles, Windex, and other popular household products. Interestingly, S.C. Johnson was the most profitable manufacturer in the U. S. that year. For your initial post, address the following: · Post your thoughts and reactions. · Who should be eligible for incentive awards? · If you were to consider other companies, should the reward system vary among manufacturers, retailers, distributors, financial organizations, et al? · What other characteristics should good performance incentives have? Do those characteristics cause the implementation of incentives to differ across various functions of a company? Secondary Post Instructions Read and respond to posts made by at least two peers. Respond in a combination of two or more of the following ways to deepen and further the discussion: · Ask a probing question and answer it or hypothesize as to the answer. · Share an insight from having read your peer’s post. · Offer and support an opinion. · Validate an idea with your own experience. · Make a suggestion. Writing Requirements · In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers. · Initial Post Length: minimum of 350 words · Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post · Using APA format, provide at least two citations with corresponding references page and use appropriate in-text citation(s) referring to the academic concept for the initial post. View less » Aug 24 2015 10:06 PM

Answer

30